UPDATE: As of 11/21, DAKboard now offers a a Live-Content Layout Editor.
Today we’re proud to announce that DAKboard now supports custom screen layouts! Create a completely custom and unique layout of all your content using our simple drag, drop and resizable “block” framework. As part of this custom layout, DAKboard now supports adding multiple blocks of the same type. So that means multiple clocks, multiple iFrames, multiple weather locations … you get the idea :]
Supported content blocks include:
- Custom text
- …with more on the way!
The custom screen layouts are available for all DAKboard Premium subscribers today in your DAKboard.com account. Take a look at the video below to see it in action:
Other Exciting New Features
In addition to the new custom layouts, we’ve been busy fixing bugs and adding lots of other great features:
- Adjustable brightness of background photos (Makes overlaid text easier to read)
- Added a location term selector for the calendar. Choose between “at” or “in”, ie. “In Conference Room 2”, or “At Moms”
- Customizable font size and colors for the Custom Text feature
And some highlights from our December release:
- Instagram hashtag search option (in addition to usernames)
- Additional colors for calendars
- Immediate refresh of a dashboard after a configuration change has been made
- Using video and external sites as a background
And even more! Feel free to take a look at the list and add your own suggestions or vote or comment on existing ones.
We’d like to offer a big “thank you!” to everyone who has used DAKboard, and especially those who have supported us by becoming a Premium subscriber! Your Premium subscription allows us to continue to develop and support DAKboard, and without you, this would not be possible.
If you would like to support us by becoming a Premium subscriber, you can do so here:
And as always, please feel free send us a message at email@example.com with any comments, problems or questions!